Thursday, 14 June 2018
Bernhard K. Aichernig is a tenured associate professor (ao. Univ.-Prof.) at Graz University of Technology, Austria. He and his research group investigates the foundations of software engineering for realising dependable computer-based systems. Bernhard is an expert in formal methods and testing. His research covers a variety of areas combining falsification, verification and abstraction techniques. Current topics include the Internet of Things, model learning, and statistical model checking. Since 2006, he participated in four European projects. From 2004-2016 Bernhard served as a board member of Formal Methods Europe, the association that organises the Formal Methods symposia. From 2002 to 2006 he had a faculty position at the United Nations University in Macao S.A.R., China. Bernhard holds a habilitation in Practical Computer Science and Formal Methods, a doctorate, and a diploma engineer degree from Graz University of Technology.
Here is a summary of my activities in 2018. This list will be updated as tasks come along.
- Key Researcher in the projects
- Invited speaker at the
- 8th Halmstad Summer School on Testing, HSST 2018, Halmstad, Sweden, 11-14 Jun, 2018,
- 2nd Symposium on Dependable Internet of Things, Graz, Austria, 5 Jun 2018.
- School of Mathematical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing, China, 10 Sep 2018.
- Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences (ISCAS), Beijing, China 11 Sep 2018.
- Program Co-chair of the 2nd International Workshop on Testing Extra-Functional Properties and Quality Characteristics of Software Systems (ITEQS 2018), 9 Apr 2018, Västeros, Sweden.
- Member of the selection board for the
- tenure track position in cyber-security,
- full professorship in Information Security.
- Member of AVL's Strategic Research Partnership Program, subtopic: Future Development Technologies & Processes.
- PC Member of
- FM 2018, International Symposium on Formal Methods
- ICFEM 2018, 20th International Conference on Formal Engineering Methods
- iFM 2018, 14th International Conference on integrated Formal Methods
- ICTSS 2018, 30th International Conference on Testing Software and Systems
- TAP 2018, 12th International Conference on Tests & Proofs
- A-MOST 2018, 14th Workshop on Advances in Model Based Testing
- Refine 2018, Refinement Workshop
- Guest Editor of the Springer Journal Formal Aspects of Computing for a special issue of TAP 2016.
- Quality Assurance in Software Development,
- Software Paradigms,
- Model-based Testing,
- Logic and Logic Programming, and
- Functional Programming.