has an opening for a Ph.D. position in model-based testing.
** Application deadline: October 20, 2014
** Salary: ~ EUR 36,600 per year before taxes
** The applicants should preferably have completed a Master's degree
(or similar), or being on the verge of completing one.
** The candidate should preferably have a background in model-based
testing or formal methods.
The Ph.D. research project focuses on the model-based testing of
non-functional requirements, like real-time, memory, and energy
constraints. The research is a continuation of the completed TRUFAL
project (http://trufal.wordpress.com). Research partners are AIT and
AVL. The theoretical work involves the selection and adaptation of
appropriate modelling languages, defining their formal semantics and
developing an appropriate testing theory. The practical work comprises
modelling, tool development and industrial case-studies.
The position is for 3 years and should lead to a PhD thesis at the Graz
University of Technology (TU Graz).
The PhD candidate will be supervised by Prof. Aichernig (see contact details below).
The application should include:
- Application letter (max. 2 pages)
- CV (summarising education, positions and academic work - scientific publications)
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation
- Documentation of English proficiency (if mother tongue not English)
- List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes
to be considered (if any; no problems if there aren't any)
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
- Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system.
For further information about the position, informal requests, etc., please contact
Bernhard Aichernig, email: aichernig AT ist.tugraz.at